Welcome & About Us
Our section was created in January 2021 and services the island of Ireland.
Our group’s aim is to build and foster a support network between all stakeholders in the area of instrumentation, control and automation, and to promote its benefits to the wider community.
The following are key focus areas of the section:
- Promotion of automation, control & instrumentation to the wider community.
- Support engineers and technicians with their development, including those working towards professional registration.
- Student engagement and assistance.
- Facilitate technical and networking events for knowledge and career development.
Although the section has a broad spectrum of interest, it has particular focus on:
- Industrial Control & Automation
- Process instrumentation & analytical equipment
- Air/Water quality measurement
- Cyber Security
The section is keen to assist those who wish to proceed with professional registration. A peer group has been formed to help interested persons by providing guidance of possible types, routes, and requirements.
If you are interested in participating, contact the section chair via the email address below.
Chair: Aidan O’Connell
Vice-Chair: Frank Hallissey
Treasurer: Douglas Christy
Aidan O’Connell - firstname.lastname@example.org
February 2021: Dr. Josh Reynolds, TeV Gamma Ray Astronomy - from dustbins to Dark Matter
May 2021: Stephen Collins, Air Quality Instrumentation - How to Measure a Ball of Smoke
Due to the global pandemic, all events were held online. It is anticipated that this delivery mode will continue into the future because of the section’s geographical area.