Becoming a Fellow (FInstMC) is dependent on individuals successfully demonstrating significant responsibility and contribution within the industry. Applications are assessed through a Professional Review that may include an interview.
Qualifying conditions required
- Normally a UK Honours degree in a subject or subjects that the Institute considers to be relevant to ‘measurement and control’, or
- a degree from outside the UK that the Institute considers equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or
- other technical qualifications that the Institute agrees to accept.
- Significant professional experience in ‘measurement, control, automation or associated technologies’ and its wider applications at a senior level of responsibility, demonstrating leadership, decision making and individual judgement and
- a structured approach to ongoing professional development and active engagement in the development of others
- a significant contribution to ‘measurement, control, automation or associated technologies’ and its wider applications or
- national recognition in ‘measurement, control, automation or associated technologies’ and its wider applications
NOTE: Candidates are required to provide a detailed demonstration of professional responsibility and experience when submitting their application.
Annual Subscription Fee
For a full list of all fees, including Engineering Council, plus concessions and age-related subscriptions, download InstMC Annual Subscription Fees.
Start your application today
Speak to an advisor if you have any questions about membership:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7387 4949