Not sure which category is right for you?
Complete this short survey to find out.
Are you applying as an individual or on behalf of a company?
Are you currently studying for a first degree or diploma in Engineering?
Do you have professional experience or education in the subjects of measurement and control?
Do you have significant professional experience in measurement and control at a senior level?
Do you have a structured approach to ongoing professional development, and active engagement in the development of others?
Have you made a significant contribution to, or are nationally recognized in measurement, control, automation or associated technologies?
You should apply for Companion Company Membership.
You probably qualify for Student Membership.
You probably qualify to join as an Affiliate.
You probably qualify to join as an Associate.
You probably qualify to join as a Member.
You probably qualify to join as a Fellow.
The membership team can offer advice on what level of membership you should apply for.
Please email us at email@example.com.
Our members form an international network of professional engineers, technologists and scientists engaged in activities which range from traditional applications of measurement, automation and control to those relating to new and emerging technologies such as digital transformation, cyber security and augmented reality.
Why become an InstMC member?
InstMC brings together measurement and control specialists and academics from all over the world to share ideas, expertise and cutting-edge technological developments. Membership provides access to exclusive content, the opportunity to attend national and international events and participation in the proceedings of an influential Institution through mentoring, accreditation, technical panels, seminars and conferences.
As a member of the InstMC you will gain recognition as a competent and actively engaged engineer.
What do I get?
- Recognition of your professional status through use of post-nominal letters MInstMC (Member) FInstMC (Fellow)
- Internationally recognised professional qualifications including CEng, IEng & EngTech (learn more here)
- Opportunity for qualified employees to apply for specialist engineer status; Registered Functional Safety Engineer (RFSE) and Registered Explosives Atmosphere Engineer (RExE)
- Career & Professional Development guidance and support including mentoring, accreditation of employers training and development programmes
- Participation in Local Section and Special Interest Groups to network, attend events and share expertise and knowledge
- Free copy of our quarterly PRECISION magazine and The Wire monthly digital newsletter. Access to the members only section of our website and technical online library.
Join us today
We offer two categories of membership – Individual and Company. Professional Engineers can choose one of the options within Individual membership while organisations such as universities and companies can become Company members through our Companion Company Scheme.
We offer the following levels of individual membership
Become a Companion Company Scheme member and raise your profile amongst our membership of 3,000 professional engineers. The scheme provides opportunities for companies to network with other businesses and InstMC accredited universities and to share knowledge and expertise with our Local Sections and Special Interest Groups.