An active current Member, Fellow or Honorary Fellow of the Institute
Not previously served a Vice President, President, Honorary Treasurer or Honorary Secretary of the InstMC.
Not already a member of the Trustee Board in another capacity
UK or Internationally based
(Note: Only one member of the Trustee Board at any time may be based outside of the UK. Trustee meetings are usually held in the morning GMT, and international trustees must be able to attend regularly)
You are NOT eligible if you:
- are disqualified as a company director
- have an unspent conviction for an offence involving dishonesty or deception (such as fraud)
- are an undischarged bankrupt (or subject to sequestration in Scotland), or have a current composition or arrangement including an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) with your creditors
- have been removed as a trustee of any charity by the Commission (or the court) because of misconduct or mismanagement
- are on the sex offenders’ register.
To understand more about the legal responsibilities of being a Charity Trustee please download the guidance from the Charity Commission at the bottom of the page.