The Registered Functional Safety Engineer Qualification has been designed for engineers.
The Register of Functional Safety Engineers is comprised of engineers who have, through peer review, satisfied the requirements for the InstMC qualification 'Registered Functional Safety Engineer'.
These requirements include demonstration of competence and commitment:
Eligibility criteria for RFSE registration requires:
1. The applicant shall be a member of InstMC, and shall be registered with EC at IEng / CEng Level,
via InstMC or another UK-PEI.
N.B. It is recommended that any non- registered engineer wishing to apply for RFSE
should first seek registration as IEng / CEng.
2. Demonstration of at least an aggregate of 3 years' diverse and direct experience in functional
safety matters at a professional level.
3. Demonstration of a comprehensive knowledge of related standards and good practice in
4. Demonstration of on-going (not prospective or historical), and competent engagement with
functional safety matters at a professional level.
5. Demonstration of Continuing Professional Development specific to functional safety.